Friday, November 13, 2015

One Room Challenge: Week 6

Wow!  Week 6 is here!  This One Room Challenge has been just that – a challenge.  And it’s been very rewarding.  I’m working at my new desk in my (not quite but almost finished) completely new office/sewing room, and I love it!

As I predicted in Week 1 and mentioned above, the room is not totally finished.  I’m truly OK with that, though.  It’s 400 times better than it was six weeks ago when this crazy challenge began, and there’s no way we would have made the changes that have been made in that amount of time without the timeline that the One Room Challenge provided, and I must thank Linda for that.  Thank you, Linda!

Thursday, November 5, 2015

One Room Challenge: Week 5

To be completely honest, I’ve been procrastinating a bit on this week’s post.  A lot has been accomplished in a short amount of time but in my mind, at least, pictures don’t show very well all that has happened.  I spent most of the morning doing random tidying throughout the room, which is a sure sign that I’m putting something off.

But here we are in Week 5, which has presented a few challenges for me; the main two are the weather (it has been rainy and humid and therefore, not ideal for painting), and the fact that we headed out of town for a fun weekend with my brother and sister-in-law. 

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Doll Refashion: Maxi Dress from a Shirt Sleeve

Last week, I shared the DIY doll clothing rack I made for our friends' little girl's fifth birthday.  It was easy to make and turned out to be really cute, but without clothes on it, it just looked like a funny wooden basket.  So she'd immediately understand what it was, I made a few new clothing items for her new doll and hung them on it.

I started out by stitching up a couple elastic waist skirts, then created my first doll refashion from a scrap of a previous human refashion.