Thursday, March 6, 2014

I'm baaack!

Hello again, online world!  I've been MIA for almost a year now, and though the three people who actually follow this blog know more or less what I've been up to in that time, I’ll enlighten anyone else who might stumble upon this post with a few of the basics.
In April, we got a new puppy.  His name is Pipsqueek, and he’s a handful.  Our first dog, Rocky, didn’t take too well to having a little brother, so it was a tough transition.  We thought Rocky needed a friend to keep him company during the day while we were at work, but we learned after the fact that he just doesn’t really like to ‘play’ with other dogs – he’d rather take  a nap or use our arms as a chew toy or play monkey in the middle on our stairs.  Over time, Rocky has starting acting like himself again, at least most of the time (he was pretty withdrawn for months after we brought Pippy home).  They’re still not friends, but Rocky has adjusted over the past 11 months to a level of detached toleration, and Pipsqueek has learned that he’s not supposed to play with Rocky.  He loves playing with his ‘uncle,’ Rufus, and ‘cousins,’ Mutt and Shenanigans, when we get together with family, though.


In June, I donated 14 inches of hair to Locks of Love.  It’s funny – I didn’t realize just how long my hair had gotten until I saw the before pictures.  In my mind, it was still only rib length.  In reality, it had made it to hip length!



Throughout the summer and fall, we had several trips that took us away from home, and though I was working on projects during that time, not one of them has made it onto the blog.  Obviously.


In July, I left my full time job, opting instead to work only part-time, and it’s been an amazing change.  In the meantime, I have enjoyed running more often, getting involved with a charity organization as a marathon and half-marathon coach, taking the dogs for long walks (almost) every day, cooking more often, trying new recipes, spending more quality time with my husband, baking and decorating cakes and big cookies, working on projects around the house (which will gradually make their appearances here), and preparing to open an Etsy shop soon.  

Next week, I’m going to post a new project that actually was completed in August…but better late than never!  It’s finally going to make its appearance in cyberspace.

Until then,

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment